WWE NXT TakeOver: Phoenix takes place in Phoenix, Arizona on Saturday, January 26.
The match card for the event is as follows:
– Matt Riddle vs. Kassius Ohno
– The Undisputed Era vs. War Raiders (NXT Tag Team Championship)
– Shayna Baszler vs. Bianca Belair (NXT Women’s Championship)
– Ricochet vs. Johnny Gargano (NXT North American Championship)
– Tommaso Ciampa vs. Aleister Black (NXT Championship)
Here are our five predictions for the show…
#5 Matt Riddle vs. Kassius Ohno
Matt Riddle defeated Kassius Ohno in just six seconds during their impromptu match at the start of NXT TakeOver: WarGames II in November 2018, so it’s safe to assume that their next TakeOver encounter will be a little more competitive.
As for the outcome, how can we look past Riddle?
“The King of Bros” is starting to establish himself as one of the top in-ring competitors in NXT, so he needs the victory a lot more, while Ohno’s on-screen role in NXT is basically to lose high-profile matches (sorry, Kassius).
Prediction: Matt Riddle